Deriving from what is known as “Twenty-one”, Blackjack is one of the most popular table games in the world. The ability to win or lose in a matter of seconds has also made it one of the best ways to make money in both virtual, as well as real-world establishments.
From a social point of view, the game requires that participants analyze and react to the bluffs of other gamblers in order to decide who has the biggest chance of winning each round. Furthermore, the rules for Blackjack are the same regardless of region or game variation.
Online blackjack rules
The game can be played between up to seven players, not including the dealer. This makes it extremely important to analyze the ones that you are playing with in order to decide if they are bluffing or if they truly have the cards to beat your hand. Blackjack is played with one to eight 52-card decks, and the objective is to beat the other players, as well as the dealer.
In order to win a hand of Blackjack, a player must get closer to the value of 21 than other players, without going over. When a player’s total card value exceeds 21, it is called a bust and he automatically loses the round.
At the beginning of the game, each player must make a bet. Once this has happened, the dealer will distribute two cards to each player, including himself. One of the cards that the dealer gives himself is face up so that the players may estimate their chances of winning or losing. At this point, the gamblers may do one of several things:
- Stand – The players are satisfied with their bets and with the cards that they have been dealt;
- Hit – They can ask for another card in order to get closer to a value of 21. If the total card value, after this step, exceeds 21, the players lose the round;
- Double – Players may double their bet and receive only one more card;
- Split – If a player has been dealt a pair, or has two cards that each have a value of 10 points, he may double his bet and split the hand in two. The game then continues as normal, with the player being able to ask for hits to each of the two new hands.
- Surrender – The player may also forfeit the hand, losing half of the money that he has bet and keeping the rest for future bets;
Secure algorithms and winning strategies
Online blackjack games use a random number generator in order to ensure that all the cards are mixed well and that nobody has an advantage, from a technical standpoint. Still, there are numerous strategies that can help players increase their winning chances. One of the more popular methods involves estimating the cards that are left in the pack and guessing the possibility of being dealt the right one. While this practice is illegal in many world’s top online casinos, Real Money Roulette, online table games permit it.