Cascading Reels: How it Works
If you have gambled at a known land-based casino before, chances are, you may have seen a slot machine with Cascading Reels such as Invaders of the Planet Moolah and Crown Jewels. If you have not yet encountered a slot machine with Cascading Reels, the retro game Tetris is a great way to illustrate how Cascading Reels work. Once a winning combination appears during the spin, the symbols that are part of the winning pattern will disappear and a new set of symbols will replace the old ones. The appeal of Cascading Reels comes from the possibility of creating consecutive wins that can go on and on as long as the Cascading Reels drop new symbols with winning combinations. The excitement of waiting for the winning symbols to disappear or explode and anticipate the new symbols that will appear is one of the factors that add to the appeal of video slots with Cascading Reels. The feature can significantly boost winnings and trigger other lucrative bonuses or free spins. No wonder video slots with Cascading Reels are very popular in both offline and online gambling sites. If you’re looking to play something beyond the traditional video slot gameplay, you should try spinning casino slots that contain the Cascading Reels feature.
Cascading Reels Benefits and Drawbacks
If you’re yearning for more excitement in your online casino activities, Cascading Reels Casinos is definitely the answer. Playing Cascading Reels slots brings about some benefits and disadvantages.
- Extra action without the need to place additional bet
- The animation of Cascading Reels make the game more exciting
- More chances to win in a single spin; huge wins are possible!
- Possibility to trigger other in-game features
There are actually no drawbacks to playing Cascading Reels slots. But according to reviews, the payouts for video slots with Cascading Reels can be quite low compared to traditional video slots. Although players don’t have to make another bet to trigger the cascading reels, some players feel like the games have fewer bonuses or in-game features.
Cascading Reels Slot Machines
To get a better understanding of how Cascading Reels Casinos work, we listed down some of the best examples of games with this feature.
- Invaders from the Planet Moolah: WMS’ Invaders from the Planet Moolah slots is a great example of a game that uses the Cascading Reels feature. This video slot has an alien-themed game that is both exciting and entertaining. The farm/barnyard suits the game’s theme since alien cows try to abduct items that you will see on a farm, as well as farm animals and people living there. Every time the reels produce a paying combination, the symbols are zapped by the aliens and new symbols will then fill in the empty spaces. By the time you get to the fourth re-spin with a winning pattern, you will get 7 free games and you can even win up to 50 free games!
- Crystal Forest: Another popular video slot with the Cascading Reels feature is Crystal Forest, also by WMS. The gameplay is almost similar to that of Invaders from the Planet Moolah, except that for Crystal Forest, the symbols zapped are objects that you can find in a magical forest. Free games are also awarded when the player gets four re-spins with winning combinations, from 7 free games and up to 50 whopping free games!
- Crown Jewels: Barcrest is one of the pioneers of the slots industry and they also produced one of the most popular video slots with the Cascading Reels feature. The game is set on 5 reels and has 10 active pay lines. Crown Jewels uses the term Avalanche Reels feature but in general, it is similar to Cascading Reels' actions. Don’t underestimate Crown Jewels for its 10 active pay lines because you can get up to 500x your total bet when you get 5 Wild symbols in one winning pattern!
- Cosmic Fortune: One of NetEnt’s most popular slots games, Cosmic Fortune, also utilizes the Cascading Reels feature. The developer refers to Cosmic Fortune’s cascading feature as Free Falls.
Players who love space-themed video slots will have an out-of-this-world experience with Cosmic Fortune’s 5-reels and 15 active pay lines set up.
There are numerous video slots in online casinos that utilize the Cascading Reels although the feature may be referred to by another name by the respective developer. The game developer may call it as Avalanche Reels, Free Falls, Rolling Reels, Tumbling Reels, et cetera, but in essence, the feature works in the same way. You can also enjoy the Cascading Reels feature through the following games:
- Cricket Star (Microgaming)
- Jungle Jim El Dorado (NetEnt)
- Pyramid: Quest for Immortality (NetEnt)
- Playboy: Don’t Stop the Party Featuring Pitbull (Bally Technologies)
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Secret of the Sword (Microgaming)
- Natural Powers (Microgaming)
- Energoonz (Play’n GO)
- Da Vinci Diamonds, Da Vinci Diamonds: Dual Play (IGT)
- Avalon II (Microgaming)
- Gemix Slots (Play'n GO)
- Gonzo’s Quest (NetEnt)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Crystal Cavern (IGT)
Cascading Reels FAQs What is the difference between traditional video slots versus Cascading Reels slots?
What distinguishes Cascading Reels slots from traditional slot machines is that one spin gives the possibility of getting more spins or re-spins without the need to bet again or trigger any bonus game. The symbols that match will explode or disappear to make way for new symbols that may possibly create a winning combination, and so on. The sequence repeats until there are no more winning patterns in the next spin. Where can I find Cascading Reels casino games?
Cascading Reels slots are easily found in most virtual casinos. You can enjoy the games from your personal computer at home or anywhere using your mobile device. These types of video slots have been around for several years at brick and mortar casinos and recently at online casino sites. The design and gameplay of Cascading Reels slots make it one of the most popular slot machines at online and offline casinos. Are Cascading Reels better than traditional slots games?
Not necessarily. After all, it all boils down to luck. Players may think that Cascading Reels are better than traditional slots but in the end, each and every slot relies on chance. Players will simply enjoy Cascading Reels for the unique graphic display and gameplay but even traditional casino slots will have features that are not available at Cascading Reels slots. At the end of the day, it’s all about choosing the right game that entertains you.
Cascading Reels Conclusion
The popularity of Cascading Reels has grown immensely from the time the first games were introduced to the casino industry. Every major game developer knows that this reel function appeals to most casino patrons thus you will be able to find Cascading Reels in the games portfolio of the world’s most reputable software companies. The Cascading Reels feature offers an exciting and truly rewarding gambling experience for seasoned and newbie online casino players.